Sunday, March 20, 2011

We are HERE!

After a very long (I think it was 36 hours total) trip home, Mallory, Maverick and I have made it safely to Texas. We are exhausted. I have no idea what time it is (here or in Japan, or in my own body) but we are glad to be home and know we will enjoy our time with friends, family and American food.
I have gotten emails from all the Japanese ladies I teach English to, and they are all so sweet and understanding and glad I took my little girl home for a bit. That makes it that much easier to know I made the right decision.
If you are in Texas, we'd love to see you! Email me and let's see if we can't get together sometime in the next few weeks. We will be mostly in the Houston area with my parents, but will visit Brett's family in Austin as well as friends in DFW.
Thank you for all your prayers and support during this difficult time. We miss Brett and Yokota like crazy already, and as soon as things are safe, we will return. (Well, Mallory and I will. I think Maverick will stay with my parents. It's stressful for a 9 year old dog to have to fly!) We love Japan and it's wonderful people. We miss it and are so blessed to call it home. It is a wonderful feeling to know that literally, we have friends all around this great big world.
Off to tackle this thing called jet lag and spend some time with friends and family (and who knows...maybe, just maybe, I'll get this blog caught up too!) Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. You never know how much they are needed until you go through something like this!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it home safely. I'm sure your parents are so happy to have you home. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete