Sunday, January 23, 2011

Blessings

* Be warned- I'm on a sappy kick tonight and felt like writing it down.*

Sometimes it is the littlest things that stop and make you realize how lucky you are. Tonight, I had to rock Mallory to sleep. That is very unlike her, she normally falls right to sleep on her own. But as I sat in the dark with her in my arms, I was reminded once again just how blessed I truly am- that little girl is every dream I've ever had come true. She is healthy, lively, and adorable. She learns new things every day and her little personality just grows and grows, and I get to be a part of that!
I have always known I wanted to be a Mommy. Growing up, I played dolls all the time and each one had a name and a bed and clothes, etc. But I didn't know how great being a mom really is, until I became one - and the coolest part? It just gets better and better. I will forever remember the day Mallory came into this world. It truly was the best day of my whole life. But seriously, every day I love her more and more as she grows and changes and becomes the wonderful little girl I know she is, and is going to become. It is the neatest thing to watch.
For some reason, it just really hit me tonight is that I am so very blessed to be her Mommy. God picked ME to be in charge of her and that is just awesome. There are so many people out there who, for whatever reason, can't get pregnant, or have lost a child, or who have a child with severe issues of one kind or another. There are children out there who are homeless or living in orphanges. I could just as easily be one of those people and M could just as easily be one of those kids. But instead we are blessed to be mother and daughter, and that is just a gift I will never be able to say "thank you" enough for.
I honestly didn't want to put her down once she finally fell asleep tonight, as I know all too soon, she won't want me to rock her anymore. I can't believe it has already been 17 months since she came into my life. Easily, without a doubt, the best 17 months of my life. Perhaps the 17 months with the least sleep too, but that's ok. I love that precious little girl, that gift from God, more than words could ever say, and I know it is my duty to guide and protect and love her the very best I can. Every single day my love for her grows, even when I didn't think it was possible to love her anymore. Thank you God for giving me the best gift in the entire world, my daughter.
(This is her asleep in her stroller a few days ago- she doesn't have to sleep in her big, puffy coat inside!)

1 comment:

  1. So true, all of it! :) I can tell that you were meant to be a mama!

    ReplyDelete