Sunday, May 24, 2009

3rd Trimester - Mommy-hood here I come!!!II

In some ways it is hard to believe I'm already this far along, and in less than 3 months, I will have my baby girl in my arms. In other ways, I can't believe how fast it has flown by- where has the time gone? I'm excited, nervous, very ready, never gonna be ready, amazed, stunned...all those things rolled into one, and more feelings I'm sure. But nevertheless, when August gets here, we will be parents to a (beautiful, wonderful, intelligent, fantastic- no, I'm not prejudiced) baby girl! Here's a little update on my stats so far:
How far along? 28 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain/loss:  Up about 14 lbs (good, since I had lost about 5 lbs the first trimester from being so sick)
Maternity clothes?  yep. I can wear a few of my regular shirts, but non-maternity pants have been packed away until next summer. There is no hope there!
Stretch marks? No, thank goodness!
Sleep:  Mixed. Some nights it is great. Other nights, not so much. It just takes longer to get comfy these days, and I wake up multiple times to pee or shift positions in bed. 
Best moment this week:  Going to the dr and hearing that her kidney is slightly less dialated. That is exactly what we wanted to happen! It's only about .5mm bigger than it should be, down from .8 - the dr was very confident that she will be just fine. I couldn't be happier to hear that!
Movement:  Every day, all day long. I have quite the wiggle worm for a daughter, but I love feeling her and knowing she's ok in there!
Food cravings:  Just American food- but i think that has to do with my location vs. being pregnant. I never craved it at home, but right now, I'd love a Route 44 drink from Sonic, a bowl of enchilada soup from Chili's, some tortillas and queso from Taco Cabana, and a steak from Outback. Mmmmmm.....
Gender:  GIRL!
Labor Signs: I have Braxton Hicks contractions every now and then, especially after sitting a while and then standing up. Nothing major though. 
Belly Button in or out? I officially have an outtie now. It freaks me out a bit, and it better go back in once she comes out!
What I miss:  My feet :)  I can't see them if I'm standing up and look straight down. Odd, since they are huge now! After sitting on the bus and in the chair at the sumo wrestling tournament this weekend, they blew up like balloons, and have yet to go back to regular size. Wearing shoes might be a challenge this summer!
What I am looking forward to:  Getting the nursery finished
Weekly Wisdom:  When you feel tired- take a nap! Your body is telling you to slow down, so listen!
Milestones:  If she were to be born this week, she would have a 90% chance of being just fine. She would still be in a NICU, but her lungs are developing, she can sense light and dark, and hear things. Amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, so happy to hear that your baby girl's kidney is less dialated. I've been thinking about you. My friend who experienced a similar thing with her baby is in town, and we were just talking about it last night. The kidney abnormality corrected itself late in the 3rd trimester and her little boy was born perfectly healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your friend's baby's kidney corrected itself. That is what we are hoping for, and it seems we are on the right track for that. I really think everything will be alright in the end. It's in God's hands, but I am really hoping we are on the right track now!

    ReplyDelete