Sunday, May 17, 2009

I won a BLOG award!

So, one of my sweet readers, Lauren from throneofthornes.blogspot.com, sent me the "Lemonade Award". So fun to win an award!! 


The Rules of Accepting and Sharing this Award
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an attitude of gratitude.
3. Link to your nominees within your post.
4. Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award.
5. Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award.
Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude:
I have to say, when I think about my life I have A LOT to be thankful for- I'm not sure I express that enough!
* I have a wonderful family who support me thru thick and thin, ups and downs, and always love me for me. 
*I have an amazing husband who loves me, supports me and works hard at his job to achieve all that he can,  is funny and kind, will make a great Daddy, and is my best friend. 
*I have had opportunities in my life to travel to many parts of this world and experience various cultures and cuisines, which I absolutely love! I am currently living in Tokyo, Japan and it is an amazing experience!!
*I have friends in all parts of the world who are always supportive and fun to hang out with. 
*I am 27 weeks pregnant with our little girl, who I already love more than anything and can't wait to meet. I have had a fairly easy pregnancy for which I am very thankful and blessed.
*I have grown up knowing the amazing, comforting, forgiving, unconditional love of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and feel blessed to be surrounded by people who know Him as well. I am amazed that I am getting to be His "helper" in creating my child, and can't wait to pass on the Truth about Him to my daughter. 

Sometimes I think "life is hard"- being far from family and friends (but then I remember the greatness of technology - i.e. the internet, blogs, and skype phone calls- as well as all the experiences I get to have in Japan); the aches and pains of pregnancy (but know I am blessed to experience them when others want to so bad and for some reason can't); my husband deploys to various places around the world for weeks/months at a time (but I know he is fighting for freedom and all that the USA stands for, and I couldn't be prouder). Basically, I know that I am a VERY blessed person, and strive to display a grateful attitude and heart at all times. I may not always show it, but I try! :)

The other part of this award is to nominate some other blogs that show attitudes of gratitude. I love reading the blogs of others and keeping up with their lives. Some of the ones that really stand out to me are:
Anderson Happenings- www.casadeanderson.blogspot.com
Christina and Mark-www.christina-and-mark.blogspot.com
Faith, Family and Friendships-www.thewims.com
Kelly's Korner-www.kellyskornerblog.com
Pete+Amy=Baby-www.peteandamyhughes.blogspot.com
Todd and Kristin-www.toddandkristin.blogspot.com
Deborah Jo's Blog-www.deborahjos.blogspot.com

Thanks again Lauren for the award! I plan to keep blogging about all our fun in Japan, my sweet baby bean (and her arrival sometime in the next 3 months or less) and will strive to show an "attitude of gratitude" in all I do and say!



No comments:

Post a Comment