Sunday, February 7, 2010

Score one for the International Date Line!

So, as you all know, it is Super Bowl Sunday in America. Well, here in Japan we are 15 hours ahead (of Central Standard Time). That means it is Super Bowl MONDAY here. That would suck except...
1. I don't really care about pro football personally
2. Everyone except "essential personnel" (drs, firemen, cops...) get the day off
While it is weird to be drinking OJ and eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch instead of beer and chips, I'm totally ok with the 3 day weekend!
So, go....whoever you want...I don't really care, and thanks for the bonus holiday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, fun side note- the New Orleans Saints quarterback is Drew Brees. Brett actually played against him in high school, so I guess we will have to cheer on that team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more side note- I always watch the Super Bowl for the commercials. I have never really cared about pro-football (college is another story, but I don't really get into pro). but the commercials for the SB are always funny. The bad part about the SB in Japan on Armed Forces Network- NO COMMERCIALS! Usually, this isn't so bad...but the ONE time I actually want to see them...yep, none. AFN has it's own "public service announcements" since they get their programming for free, so they can't show commercials. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete