Thursday, June 3, 2010

Showa Park Part 1

I went to Showa Park with Mallory and took some pictures of her in the flowers. The Japanese are very good about making room for beautiful parks and gorgeous flowers in the spring. I lvoe cherry blossom season around here, and this year the flowers were just gorgeous. Here are a few of my favorites from the day:






They don't have bluebonnets here in Japan, which is hard being from Texas, where bluebonnets are a part of every spring. I think every kid who has grown up in Texas has a picture their mother made them take in a field of bluebonnets. I was a little bummed this spring when I realized it was my first spring as a mommy, and I wouldn't be able to take my little girl to a bluebonnet field. So...I improvised, and stuck her in a patch of grape hyacinths at Showa Park. It was about as close as I could get, and I think it's a pretty close second.





Mallory and Mommy at the front of Showa Park
The gorgeous cherry blossom trees at the gate, driving back onto base
The cherry trees line the main street on the east side of base and are gorgeous
One of my favorite little things about Japan are the manhole covers. They are so decorative, in many different patterns, and the cherry blossom ones are quite cute I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment