Friday, February 4, 2011

Mallory turns one/Friendship Festival

Mallory officially turned 1 year old on August 21st, 2010. It was a big day around Yokota Air Base too- it is the same weekend as Friendship Festival. That is where seriously THOUSANDS of Japanese people come on base and look at lots of various airplanes, eat food, drink beer (among other things) and watch some flying demos. It is H.O.T. outside, but fun to walk around and see everything going on. Various organizations on base have booths selling everything from tshirts to gatorade, and it is a big fundraiser for the Yokota community.
Last year we missed it- I was busy birthing a baby. So this year, we went to go see what it was all about. But of course, Mallory wore her Birthday Girl onesie and got a little special attention too.
The C-130's did some airdrops of parachutists.
There are a TON of vendors selling food and stuff- both Japanese and American.
We stopped by to see the C-130's, of cousre.
And some other planes from various airbases around Asia.
Mallory passed out while we were walking around- too much excitement for one little birthday girl I guess :)
Then she woke up and "walked" back to the car, with a little help from Dada of course.


Look at those cute chunky thighs!
When we got home, it was time from presents from family. Her official birthday party was the next weekend (because of Friendship Fest) but we still had to celebrate with our family on her actual day.

She had fun ripping the paper off.
Wonder what's in here?
My Mama B sent me a new sippy cup. I tested it out right away!
Aunt Rachel sent me new book that hooks onto my stroller.
Yay! More paper to rip off!

My name made into a puzzle from Nana and Grandpa!
They sent me a pig that walks and oinks too. I thought it was fun, but Maverick was terrified. Ha!
Sweet Becca and Mike sent me a book about Japan, after visiting us here a few months earlier. So nice of them!
After all the gifts were opened, I posed for a few pics to show off my shirt (made by Mommy of course).

Then Mommy and Dada let me eat some cake.
And I finally said good night. What a great birthday!

Thank you sweet Mallory for giving me the very, very best year of my life. You put a smile on our faces every single day and are so blessed to have you in our lives. We love watching you grow and change and learn new things- we can't wait to see what the next year, and the rest of your life holds. Thank you for being the most wonderful little girl in the world. We love you so much. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Obviously I'm behind on reading your blog -- glad she liked the book! xoxo

    ReplyDelete