Friday, April 10, 2009

I drove off base...alone!

I realize I've been driving for nearly 16 years now, so this shouldn't be a big deal. However, driving here in Japan is different than stateside. It's on the other side of the road, other side of the car, and the roads are SOOO skinny. On base there is a certain security that you can't get lost (plus the roads are normal width). Off base, it's a whole different ballgame. So, going off base by myself today was a big deal! I went to the "bunny store" (no one knows the real name). It's a cute little baby store not too far from base that sells clothes, diapers, etc. I just HAD to get something pink for our little girl. Plus, the family that sponsored us when we got here (they picked us up at the airport, helped us get a few things set up,etc.) just had a baby girl last weekend, so I wanted to pick up something for them too. So, I accomplished 2 things- bought my baby girl her first pink outfit and drove off base alone...and made it home again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment