Saturday, August 15, 2009

I love playing games- I do NOT love playing "The Waiting Game"

So today was Lil' Beans due date...no kid. Guess she's not punctual. Oh well, she is her mother's daughter! It's kinda been a roller coaster the past few days:
Wed-gonna induce Thurs
Thurs-not gonna induce
Fri night- My stomach starts hurting- bad- about 6pm. The problem was that it was one long, sharp pain instead of contractions I could time. I thought maybe I was just hungry. I ate, it didn't help. I took Tums, didn't help. I took an hour nap, didn't help. So, I finally called the L&D ward and they said to come on in. They hooked me up to the monitors and watched me for about 20 minutes. Turns out that yes, I was having contractions which was what was causing the pain. They were basically one on top of the other, which is why I couldn't time them. They were frequent and lasting about 2 min each, but not really reliable or a pattern. Because there were several, they went ahead and checked me, but there wasn't really a change from when I was checked on Wed. (2cm dialated, 60% effaced, -2 station). So, they sent me home. I went to sleep and woke up this morning to nothing. Glad to have the constant pain gone, but I'd welcome contractions if it meant a baby.
So, we are still playing the waiting game....I guess the good news is that she HAS to come out at some point. They will let you go to 41.5 weeks here, so AT THE LATEST she will be here Aug 26th. I'm really hoping she decides to come on her own before then. It's only 11 days from now...but it's still 11 days from now!

*And now for a sappy alert*
I heard the SWEETEST song on another friend's blog today, and I literally got teary-eyed, because the lyrics are sooo fitting to my life at the moment. I can't wait to play it for my little girl. It's called "Find your Wings" by Mark Harris. Here are the lyrics, aren't they just beautiful?

Mark Harris - Find Your Wings
From the album The Line Between The Two

It's only for a moment you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you
Will all too soon unfold
So many different prayers I'll pray
For all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know
You're walking in the truth
And If I never told you
I want you to know
As I watch you grow

Chorus:
I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings

May passion be the wind
That leads you through your days
And may conviction keep you strong
Guide you on your way
May there be many moments
That make your life so sweet
Oh, but more than memories

Chorus:

It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer as you fly

Chorus:

No comments:

Post a Comment