Sunday, August 16, 2009

She is her mother's daughter...

I'm sorta notorious for being 5 (or more) minutes late everywhere I go. I guess this kid of mine inherited that genetic trait. She was due Saturday. It's now Monday. Tick, tock, tick kiddo... I realize that the due date isn't like a magical moment that she has to come out, but watching it come and then go is just a bit depressing when you feel like a hippopotamus that has just run a marathon and all you want to do is see her and hold her. Rest assured, when she does get here, I'm going to love her at first sight. But I'm also going to be talking to her about puncuality (and her lack thereof!) If any one has any extra labor dust laying around, will you pass a little (or a lot) my way? I'm hoping she decides to make her entrance into the world VERY soon. Keep your fingers crossed....

1 comment:

  1. Ok...I will let you in on a little secret. You have to relax and not think about it anymore. You are cracking me up with her arrival! I promise. If you stop thinking about it, find something enjoyable to do (I know hard to do) all of the sudden it will happen. I was miserable with my second...bawled EVERY time I went to the doctor...begged him to take the baby out. he finally broke down and agreed to induce on the Friday before she was due...Thursday evening, I fixed myself a bowl of ice cream, sat in the recliner and watched TV knowing she would be here in the morning (and finally relaxed). Woudn't you know it...I went into labor. Thirty-five minutes after arriving at the hospital Stacey was born. (There were no drugs involved...I was in an OR since they did not have a birthing room ready...we have no pics since it was so fast.) My doctor says that is what happens. :) I am thinking about you! (And pryaing you have a delivery like mine! It was awesome!)

    ReplyDelete